You do not have to be an athlete to receive care from the surgeons at Capital Orthopaedic Surgery Center. We treat people of all different ages and levels of fitness. Our surgeons treat shoulder, elbow, hip and knee injuries, abnormalities and degenerative conditions. Many of these disorders are treated with arthroscopic surgery, a minimally invasive surgical method that utilizes a camera to look inside a joint and specialized instruments to carry out any necessary surgery in that joint. Our goal is to help get you back to leading an active, pain-free life.
What type of sports injuries are treated at Capital Orthopaedics?
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Arthroscopy of the Hip, Knee, and Shoulder
- Cartilage Restoration Procedures: Microfracture, Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Elbow Cartilage Repair
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
- Elbow Tendon Repair
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction – ACL Surgery
- Medical Issues of the Endurance Athlete
- Meniscal Transplantation
- Patellofemoral Joint Instability
- Reconstruction of the Knee, Shoulder, and Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder and Elbow Arthroplasty
- Shoulder Instability Procedures
- Shoulder Labral Repair
How do I know I need surgery?
When non-surgical options including medications, therapy, injections, or immobilization (wearing a brace or sprint) do not improve your pain, your surgeon may recommend surgery. Surgery may also be indicated if you have an injury that is caused by an accident or an advanced stage of chronic disease (i.e. osteoarthritis).